Friday 25 May 2007

It's all over!

It was never all excitment!
Last post and all that.
What a wonderful 8 years. Just wanted to thank all of you who have helped make my life so rich, both people who came to the Velodrome as punters or as staff. I am very privileged to have known you all. Special thanks to the staff of TVT who have put up with me, supported me and made me laugh - and despair at times. Jarl, Paul, TinyTony, Anthony, SearlySteve, Nicola, Paula, Damien, Simon, Samantha, Gordon, Tracy and not forgetting The Fishwife [Diane] and The Poisoner [Rosaline] - without whom my time at the Velodrome would have been all the poorer.

Look here, a snap from the early days with two of Yasumitsu-Schlapp's national champs - Ian Gorgeous George and Jon Norfolk. Gosh, how young we all look. Don't we? We do as it happens - just in case you had not realised.
Lurking somewhere behind was this chap - Lord Hoy - already a star but awaiting the arrival of the Worlds at Copenhagen to launch him into super-stardom and the unlikely appearance on Five TV and some thing called [actually I can't remember what it is called but look for an earlier post.]

Anyway, soon I shall be sitting on the beach, hanging on for dear life so as not to get blown all the way to Greenland, rain lashing down horizontally and I shall be thinking of you lot.
A bit. Maybe.World Masters Pursuit champion 2007 Eve, my partner on Isle of Lewis whare we are soon to live. someone has to do it!

PS. I know some of you like to have a look at some of my snaps - and if you have little else to do you can see them here www.boxesbellows.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

Blogger mags said...

bon voyage

26 May 2007 at 08:28  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home